Magnolia Lane Trifold Shutter card
T his cards I was really happy with and the ladies who joined in on the Zoom class for it loved it as well. I have included the instructions for the card. I used the Magnolia Lane papers as well as the Magnolia Lane memories and more pack. Love this set!
Cardstock 10½ by 5½ inches
Cardstock with co-ordinating DSP (Designer Series Paper) or patterned paper
I have given dimensions for both cardstock and DSP. The cardstock is used to give your patterned paper (DSP) a small border. If you just want to use your patterned paper then just use the dimensions for the cardstock. However if you want borders on use the dimensions for the cardstock and the dimensions for your patterned paper.
There are 11 panels altogether.
2 @ 1½" x 5¼" (Two long side vertical panels)
1 @ 1½" x 2 ¼" Small middle panel
2@ 21/4 x 31/4" (This is for the front and the centre panels which need no DSP or patterned paper)
Pattern Paper dimensions (DSP): (All dimensions should be 1/4 inch smaller than the cardstock. This gives a small border around your DSP.)
DSP: (Patterned papers)
2 @ 1¼" x 5" (Two long vertical panels)
4 @ 11/2 x 11/4 (4 Corner sections I used only DSP for these sections)
2@ 3¼" x 11/4"(Long horizontal sections)
• Cut card stock to 10½ inches by 5½ inches.
• On the long side score at 1¾ , 3½, 7, and 8¾
• Burnish all folds
• With paper trimmer, measure 1½ inches in from one edge and cut from first score line down to last score line
• Turn and do the same on other side.
• Now to make the folds -
• Turn the paper lengthwise so that the front is closest to you
• The first panel (long one fold as a mountain fold).
• The middle panel will also be a mountain fold but the two small panels will be valley folds.
• The next middle section fold will be a valley fold but the two small sections will be mountain folds
• The next section which is just after the long horizontal sections is a mountain fold.
• The last section (fold) just before the last vertical panel is a valley fold.
• When the card is folded it should be approximately the size of a normal card.
• Adhere your DSP to your cardstock but make sure you lay out your layers first to make sure you know where they are all going. When you are happy with the layout, go ahead and adhered all your pieces.
• One of the 31/4 x 3 cardstock pieces is adhered to across the centre of the front panel and to the first fold of the centre section.