Shabby Chic Mother's Day Card
SHABBY CHIC CARD
Very Vanilla Cardstock
• 1 Card base 14.9 x 21cm
• 2 @ 14.3 x 10cms (one for front one for inside of the card)
• 1 @ 9 x 7cms (for embossing)
• 1 @ 5 x 7cms (for sentiment)
• Extra scrap piece for die cutting leaf sprigs
Rococco Rose Cardstock
• One strip about 9 x 2 cms
Soft Sea Foam - small scrap piece for leaves
Vellum - just for punching out leaves
Crumb Cake Ink Pad
Rococco Rose Ink Pad
Versa Mark Ink Pad
Copper embossing powder
Sponge Daubers (for crumb cake and rococo rose)
Faceted Gems (Page 178 a/c Clear #144142) $8.75
Embossing Folder - Scripty 3D (pg 199 a/c #149634) $17.00
• Medium Daisy Punch (Pg 187 A/c #149517) $28.00
• Leaf Punch (Pg 187 A/c #144667) $28.00
• Painted Label Dies (#151605 pg 26 mini) $61.00
• Gateway Garden Dies (pg 13 mini catalogue) $61 #151512
Take Your Pick Tool
Washi Tape (Pressed Petals Speciality Washi Tape page 172 A/c #149585 $13.00 (two rolls one petal one vintage)
Timeless Tulips (Page 43 mini #151534) $31.00 For sentiment
Gorgeous Grunge (Retired) for spots in the background
1. Distress edges of card front and sponge around edge with crumb cake (light brown colour)
2. Lightly ink up your embossing folder with crumb cake on the top side of the folder and emboss the 9 x7cm piece of very vanilla card stock (if using the script folder ensure the writing is the correct way). Then distress and sponge around the outside of this piece.
3. Sponge the white doily with crumb cake
4. Stamp over the card front with the ink splotch stamp.
5. Using the Big Shot or die cutting machine cut out all your embellishments ie. Leaves, leaf sprigs and set aside and also the Label for the sentiment and stamp the sentiment piece just with the ink splotch stamp - don't do sentiment just yet. Also cut out the long piece of lace on Rococco Rose cardstock.
6. Using the Medium daisy punch, punch out six daisies and sponge with Rococco Rose just on the tips. Mould the leaves with a flower ball.
7. Using the Leaf Sprig Punch, punch out two using vellum.
8. Once you have cut out all your embellishments and have everything together then it is time to put it all together. This is the easy part!
• Adhere Washi Tape about 1cm up from the bottom of the card front.
• Adhere Doily to the right side of the card front.
• Adhere Embossed writing piece just above the washi tape and just covering the doily a little but mount this on using stampin dimensionals.
• Place all your flowers and leaves to your liking by using either glue dots or liquid glue.
• Adhere the pink lacework at the top and just behind the script piece.
9. Now to do the sentiment:
• Use an embossing budding wipe over your sentiment piece
• Using the versamark ink pad, stamp your sentiment of choice
• Using copper embossing powder sprinkle over where you have stamped the sentiment
• Using your heat tool heat the writing as it heats it will shine - ensure all of the wording is shining before touching it as if it isn't shining it hasn't set and may smudge.
• Now adhere the sentiment to you card using dimensionals again.
10. Adhere the whole card front to the card base. The front of your card is done!
11. For the inside of the card - adhere washi tape across the top of the card insert and adhere to the inside of the card.